We are different
Every residential aged care provider (nursing home, hostel) must deliver good, basic care.
But Lutheran Community Care wants to go much further, so we are working hard to bring about the best possible aged care experiences for our residents.
Some of the practical things we do to achieve this are:
- We employ more registered nurses than most other aged care providers so your care can be planned and monitored by the most qualified people. As a not-for-profit provider we do not have to return a dividend to shareholders; instead we choose to reinvest in our services.
- We are the first aged care provider to have Silver Memories nostalgia radio at every one of our services. This is a unique Australian radio station dedicated to playing the music from the youth and early adulthood of today’s aged care residents.
- We have chaplains on our staff so you’ll have easy access to support from a chaplain if you wish.
- We’ll work with you to identify your existing interests as well as any new interests that you may want to pursue, then we’ll endeavour to provide opportunities for you to pursue those interests.
- We’ll pay attention to what you tell us is important to you, and do our best to provide this.
What our residents say
Our resident surveys they have told us that residents particularly acknowledge:
- The way our staff treat them with dignity and respect.
- How our staff respect their privacy and confidentiality.
- The knowledge and skills of staff.
- How well our nursing staff do their work.
And our residents overwhelmingly would recommend our services to their family and friends if they had a need.
Check out our YouTube channel, for videos covering topics including choosing an aged care service and entering aged care with dementia.
Smoke-free policy: Important information for prospective residents
Our residential aged care services are unable to accommodate new residents who wish to smoke. This policy is in response to Queensland legislation banning smoking by any person on or near the grounds of these services. These measures are also part of our transition to a smoke-free environment that better supports the health and wellbeing of everyone who lives at, works at or visits our services.
If you would like to know more about how our services may be able to assist you, please contact the manager at a site convenient to you.